Tuesday, November 21, 2006

From Worse To Better

Last night Christian decided that he probably had an ear infection. La Luz woke up at about 3:30 and spent the rest of the night in our bed. It is amazing how much room a 17 month old can take up. I was very uncomfortable. When I left the gang this morning at 8:15 to head to Baton Rouge for the day the outlook was grim. Loki was bitter because I didn't take him for a proper walk, Christian was in pain and waiting for his doctor to call back and confirm an appointment, and La Luz, though she seemed to be feeling better, didn't want me to put her down. It was not easy to extricate myself but I knew that the day was going to be much harder on Christian.

When I got back tonight around 7 it was as if I had returned to a completely different place. Two days of antibiotics worked a bit of magic on La Luz and Christian's decongestant seemed to be alleviating his pain. Loki was still pouting but I could handle that without any problems. I felt invigorated for a second, like we might actually be able to enjoy the Thanksgiving holidays. I am going to stick with my original plan and try not to go into the office tomorrow. I initially planned on taking La Luz for a walk around the park and coffee with Betsy and baby Edward so that I could feel like a stay at home mom for a morning but now it looks like we will just have some quiet time at home while Christian catches up on some sleep. If she has one more fever free day and another 24 hours on antibiotics I will be comfortable having her around everyone on Thanksgiving day.

Here's a pic of La Luz that Christian took tonight. I finally bathed her and I think it put her in a much better mood.

1 comment:

NolaMom said...

Glad y'all are feeling better. W just came down with a fever yesterday.