Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Just Another One of Those Days

I believe I spent a grand total of about an hour and forty-five minutes with La Luz today. It was the best hour and forty-five minutes of my day but that's all I got and it kills me. She wanted to sleep late this morning and I understand that sort of thing because I love sleeping so we had very little time together before work. I didn't get home from work until late and Christian took her to a signing party for the senior volleyball players this evening so the only time we had together tonight was a few minutes playing in the den followed by a quick bath and bed. Lately she has asked to skip the bedtime story and go straight to her bed, a girl after my own heart. Consequently, I didn't even have the pleasure of reading to her and rocking her for five minutes.

Here's a picture I was able to snap during the few minutes of play time we had together this evening.



It was just moments after I had wrestled her to the ground to kiss her, hug her, feed her her bottle, and rock her in my arms reminding her how much I love her. She wasn't having any of that and did all she could to break free as quickly as possible. Sometimes I forget that not everyone likes to be smothered with love. At least that's what I have heard. But I don't know, if you are going to be a part of this family you sort of have to grin and bear it. We are tactile folks, the Vaiciuses. We deal in hugs and kisses. So, beware La Luz, you can run, but we will catch up eventually.

No comments: