Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hanging Around In The Lost And Found

Over the weekend mom dug up this incredible dress that Molly and I both wore when we were little. I couldn't find a picture of me in it but I have a vague recollection of the dress, especially the sailboat on the ribbon that runs through the smocking. I am amazed that clothing that old is, a.) still in good shape and b.) not completely outdated.


The weather was perfect this weekend - a cool front kept the temperatures low and made the sun feel nice as opposed to oppressive. Consequently, we spent as much time as possible outside, recognizing that soon it won't be comfortable to spend hours on end sitting on the front porch and running around at the park. We took La Luz to Storyland and to ride the train at City Park. She really got a kick out of the train ride and seemed to enjoy most of Storyland. Some of the attractions freaked her out a little bit, like this one:


And really, I think she would have been fine had she not turned and realized there was a man there...but what is hanging out of Old King Cole's nose anyway? I think it is a bit frightening myself.

She was also concomittantly intrigued and petrified by Jonah and the whale:


But again, I think it was merited because Christian hid inside of it and scared the crap out of both of us as we rounded the corner.

La Luz spent the night at mom-mom and pop's again on Saturday. It was a treat to get to sleep late and La Luz loved every minute of it because she got to have bacon for breakfast, follow poor Abbey around the kitchen, and play with mom-mom and pop. Apparently she slept until after 8 a.m. I wish she would do that here.

We spent the afternoon at the end of the year crawfish boil for the ASH teachers. La Luz had a nice time playing with the crwafish heads but was not really into the idea of eating them. Christian, on the other hand, ate a ton and proceeded to peel close to 10 lbs that were left over. I never thought I would see this sight, ever.


I think we will be sampling every crawfish dish imaginable in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

TOITA said...

mmmm! yuuummyyyy!! Maybe you can try make some of the one you made me try on Jazz Fest and freeze it for me!!! hahahaha!
enjoy them!!!!!

Toi