Monday, August 06, 2007

Be The Music In My Head

Tomorrow Christian and I celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. As has been the case for most of our anniversaries, we are celebrating it apart. Christian has a knack for being out of town each year on August 7th. I cannot say that I particularly care. I am not one for big celebrations. I certainly don't want to spend any money on gifts, and really don't need anything anyway. I also don't need any special reminders that I am lucky and blessed and wouldn't change a thing about my life if given the opportunity, particularly the part about spending it with Christian. Here we are back on our wedding day in 1999:


There's no question that I had inkling that something big was in the works the day that we met, finally and formally. I just never imagined it would be this good and that ten years later we would be able to see the best of both of us (and maybe the explanation for why we found each other) in La Luz:


Happy Anniversary Christian; come home soon.

4 comments:

Scarlet said...

I think I'm in that first picture - I recognize the purse with the ribbon on it - a Saks Fifth Avenue special that was given to me by my Aunt. Thank you for letting me share in your special day, and your life - can't believe it's been 8 glorious years! Congratulations!

TOITA said...

Guys!! Congratulations!! I can`t believe 8 years has gone by! Well maybe more since we met Christian. We are all lucky to have you both in our lives, and that you gave us the miracle of that beauty called Lucy Girl!
So congratulations on both of you and for many many years more.!

Love you

Toi

NOLAcathie said...

Happy Anniversary Julie and Christian.
May your love for each other go on and on and on...
You all have filled our lives with unspeakable joy and beauty.

with hearts full of love and all best wishes,
Mom and Dad

lindavaicius said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to a very special neice & Nephew. Even though you're apart on your special day, just look forward to seeing each other soon. We love you & miss you so much!
Gedy & Linda,