Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Power Of New Shoes

It was the first of many long days for La Luz. She stayed at Ashfin a full day and was met at the house by Carlee who babysat for her all afternoon and then tonight while Christian and I went to Parents' Night at ASH. After visiting La Luz's room and meeting her teachers and the other parents I feel much more confident about sending her to 'school' at such a young age. I think she is going to love it and I know she will be well cared for.

Christian and I did not get home until 8. I was thrilled when I arrived and discovered that Carlee had already bathed La Luz and that she was ready for bed. A good mom would have scopped up La Luz and gone straight up to read a story. Instead, I let her open her present from the Moores (the Dora slippers featured below) and proceeded to watch her become completely and totally nutzo-hyperactive. She was literally bouncing off of walls and throwing herself on top of furniture. It was too entertaining to put a stop to it.

2 comments:

TOITA said...

Nioce slippers Lucy girl!! hahah! Hope you have an excelent day at your new school and have fun!!
And you Jules, believe me, you are such a good mom! stop worrying and enjoy her all you can!!

take care you all

toi

Scarlet said...

Yeah! She likes them! I knew she would - they're just like Maddie's!