Monday, August 13, 2007

Don't Know Why

I should stop trying to predict La Luz's reaction to things. Generally speaking, I have a pretty good idea of her likes and dislikes. I am even insightful enough to know better than to bet the odds on how La Luz will react to a tall, overbearing man who wants a hug. I like to think that she is predictable, but then I am proven wrong on a number of occasions. Most recently, yesterday.

Christian returned from Costa Rica with a mama monkey/baby monkey stuffed animal. The baby came attached to the mom and both are, in my opinion, frightening. I was certain that the sight of the monkeys would propel La Luz into my arms, but I was wrong. She is, in large part, disinterested in the mother monkey; but the baby - that is another story entirely. She hasn't put it down and has cared for it much in the same way any mother cares for a newborn. Within a few minutes, she was busy changing the baby monkey's diaper. I didn't bother to try to explain to her why that was unnecessary.

Here she is, playing with her baby monkey and in the sea turtle necklace Christian picked up as well:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edward wanted to tell Lucy hi! He waves at her pictures every morning.

See y'all soon
-Betsy

TOITA said...

I loved the necklace too!! hahah! I can imagine you trying to explain why in the middle of the jungle you won`t be able to find a box of Huggies to change all the baby monkeys diapers! hahahaha!

xoxo

Toi