Wednesday, January 10, 2007

High Hopes

I've got high hopes for the march to City Hall tomorrow. I have to belive that something good will come of this. At the very least I hope that the march will get 'it' out my system so I can go back to living for a while. I am obsessed with the crime problem and the way that the citizens feel about it. I read every essay/article/editorial/blog post I can get my hands on. I am completely addicted, like a junkie. The ideas are all the same, for the most part, some are just better at hitting the nail on the head than others. They all make me nod my head in agreement and the really good ones make me cry. The best one, and most heartbreaking of all, was in the NYT today. It is called, Taken By the Tide, and is courtesy of Op Ed Contributor, Billy Sothern. If I can figure out how to insert the link I will. I guess maybe I am waiting to find the one that explains how to fix the problem. Surely someone knows how, right?

In the meantime, my spirits are lifted, at least for now. The family got together at mom-mom and pop's for a delicious dinner - one of Aunt Margot's specialties, BBQ shrimp. The food was delicious and the company was perfect. One of the main reasons I have decided to live in New Orleans is so that I can be near my family. I know that it is what I would miss most if I have to leave.

And for a little more 'lightness', since you really can't ever get enough as far as I am concerned, here's a sweet picture of La Luz playing with the balloon she got at Bruce's party. She loved it until the following morning when it lost 1/2 of the helium and floated at her height. At that point it totally freaked her out.

No comments: