Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Sort of Homecoming

I know she would prefer it to be to her 1 bedroom apartment on the upper West Side but for now Molly is thrilled to be home. It is amazing how much good a change of scene can do. She was discharged around noon today and when I stopped by the house on my way back to the office from Franklinton she looked like herself again, but a smaller version of herself. I would not have thought something as simple as being discharged from the hospital would be so significant but I guess I am learning to appreciate the small gifts. I am impressed with how fast Molly is recovering. She had major surgery and now wears the scars to prove it and tonight when I stopped by after putting La Luz down she got out of bed, ambled down the hallway and sat around mom's room with me for an hour laughing. I noticed her laughter is getting deeper so she must be getting comfortable with the stitches and finally accepted the fact that laughter will not split her tummy open.

La Luz was in rare form tonight, climbing all over me, hugging me, kissing me, hitting me with her Dora figurines...I love the escape from reality that she provides, even if it is fleeting.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jules!!! yesterday I talked to your mom, but you weren`t there yet...I am so glad that Molls is getting better little by little...and that you are also much better...keep your spirit up!! I told them that I will try to send some dulce de leche when Molls tolerate food again..so be ready to stop by Audubon st.!! hahaha!
Take care, and give Lucesita a big kiss from here!!

xoxo

TOI