Thursday, January 18, 2007

So Much To Celebrate

At around 5 p.m. this evening my cell phone rang and I saw that it was mom calling me. The ache in the pit of my stomache intensified because I knew my mom was calling because she had the results of the biopsy. To my indescribable joy, the news was only good, relatively speaking. The cancer had not spread beyond the ovaries and all of the tissue samples tested negative. There is nothing more that chemotherapy can add to Molly's prognosis so the treatment from here on out is to do follow-up testing on a regular basis with an obgyn oncologist in NYC. We all feel incredibly blessed. No doubt Molls has some work to do over the next few weeks and no doubt the seriousness of what has happened to her will reveal itself over time but none of this will happen in front of the back-drop of chemotherapy and for that we are lucky. Thanks everyone for your prayers, love, and support over what was, at least for now, probably the worst and best week of my life.

We celebrated by allowing La Luz a quick visit with her Aunt Molly. She has been asking about her all week so I figured it was the least I could do. We have so much to look forward to over the next few days and it is nice to know that I can celebrate without feeling the paralyzing sort of sadness I have been experiencing.

Tomorrow is our big brother, the leader of the pack's, birthday. He turns 35, yikes...Happy Birthday Big Brother. Here we are circa 1976, probably:


Tomorrow is also La Luz's golden month anniversary, if there is such a thing. At any rate, she turns 19 months old and there is so much to report about La Luz's development over the past few months. I was remiss and failed to chronicle all the good stuff that she was up to when she turned 18 months so I will have to try and make some notes about what she is like at 19 months. The most important developmental step in my opinion is that her soft spot is almost completely closed. I know, 19 months is old to still have a soft spot but the doctor promised me that it was not a concern until she turned 2. So, here's La Luz, the night before she is 19 months:




And, last but not least...WHO DAT!

No comments: