Monday, August 11, 2008

Graduation Day

We finally moved La Luz into a real bed last night. It wasn't that we were opposed to moving her out of the crib or that she protested leaving the crib behind, nothing like that. I suppose it was a combination of inertia, her incredibly healthy sleep habits in the crib, and a little bit of not wanting to let go of the baby. We resurrected Molly's old trundle bed from Storehouse and it is in decent shape and looks pretty good in La Luz's room. It is a very simple, contemporary design and would probably look unassuming in just about any sort of room.

I allowed La Luz to select her own sheets. I guess I read somewhere that this would make the transition easier. She selected the most hideous Disney princess sheets that I have ever seen and they feel about as comfortable as industrial sandpaper. She loves them. Fortunately, I took some advice from my friend, Natasha (a mother of four who knows about this sort of thing), and ordered a really cute and aesthetically pleasing comforter from Land Of Nod. Until it arrives I will have to look at the fluorescent pink princess sheets but, knowing how thrilled La Luz is to sleep on a Cinderella pillow, I think I can suck it up for a few days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she transitioned so well but kinda sad about not being a baby anymore.

Anonymous said...

Let me know how she likes sleeping in the bed. Our girl is growing!
Love
Nana

Scarlet said...

Maddie sleeps on sandpaper, as well! Alas.... She loves her sheets, too. Miss you!!!!

Kitty Brown said...

Oh, the power of the princess brand. She looks like she's excited!

ummmhello said...

Congrats on the transition! She's getting so big, I can't believe how fast time moves.

Kelsea said...

This is so exciting. If you remember the creepy puppet Lambchops, maybe you can feel a little bit better about Lucy's sheets, because that's what I had on my first bed. I don't know why I liked those so much. I also once begged for a Vanilla Ice sleeping bag. Yes, they did make those circa '91.