Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lazy Days Of Summer

There's been a bunch of this:


and a ton of that:


going on around here these past few weeks.

It is all coming to a grinding halt, however. Christian starts orientation tomorrow, camp ends on Friday, schedules are being juggled, calendars are being erased and marked-up, new babysitters are learning how things work around here and La Luz is waiting with anticipation for the start of nursery later next week. It always takes a few weeks to get into the swing of a new routine. Until that happens, I will be waking up in the middle of the night suddenly remembering the hour-long gaps on the calendar that need to be filled and having cold sweats about whether they will notice around the office if I am 'working from home' for two days next week. I know at some point in the middle of October all of this will feel very automatic to me, I just can't imagine feeling that way at this point.

1 comment:

ummmhello said...

Ah, yes, we're going through that, too. And I'm right there with you on those middle of the night panics!