Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mama's Little Baby Loves Pumpkin, Pumpkin

Christian and I both had very long days at work today. We barely had any time to spend with La Luz. It broke my heart to put her to bed becuase I am leaving town at 5 a.m. tomorrow for work and will not return until late Friday night after she is already asleep. I even tried to keep her awake, rocking in the chair with me until she politely said, "lie down", followed by, "bed", followed by, "get in", followed by "sleepy baby'. Alright, I can take a hint. I never used to be scared of travelling until La Luz came along. Now I worry something will happen to me and she will grow up without me, never knowing how much I love her.

Although the night was short, we managed to spend some time playing with the pumpkin Christian picked up for her at Whole Foods. She somehow got in her head that pumpkins are edible in that form and constantly tries to bite it, like an apple. Here she is, caught in the act:

No comments: