Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spooning Good Singing Gum

Here is a picture from a batch that Josh sent from the recent telefon tel aviv show in Prague which, by all accounts, went swimmingly. He has kind of been all over lately and we miss him - Istanbul, Prague, and now back in Chicago.


I have to say, I am not sure what is going on with the hair, but from what I understand it has something to do with a joke he has with Erika - pretty serious joke I guess. I still feel responsible for the shearing of the dreadlocks since it happened after he spent a day bleaching the basement of the old, flooded house on State Street Drive with Christian. So, I will reserve judgment.

La Luz had a wonderful day roaming the halls of Sacred Heart with Nina and the rest of the Ashfin gang. After daycare she spent the afternoon at mom-mom and pop's where she sat on the swing, had a picnic, and scored new clothes and shoes. Mom-mom gave La Luz her first pair of crocs today and La Luz is in heaven because now she and mom-mom are twins.

Here she is, enthralled:



I had a stressful day at work today and am glad that we are now entering the end of the week but there is no real relief ahead - just the weekend which is nothing more than a two day long illusion that work doesn't suck that much, but at least it is something.

After work I met up with Gerrish and Catherine for dinner while Christian took care of La Luz and everything else around the house which is no small task. I don't devote enough time to my friendships these days because I figure that I need to spend any time that I am not at work with La Luz. I realize that I have to be better about finding a healthy balance. We had a leisurely and delicious dinner at Ninja followed by some gelato at the gelato place on Oak Street near Carollton. The gelato was incredible and, let me tell you, gelato is much better for you than ice cream (at least that is what the chart on the wall said) and, therefore, very easy to justify eating on a regular basis. I don't know or care to learn the science behind it but it is apparently approximately half the calories and maybe one quarter of the fat and very few carbs, like two grams. At any rate, good or bad, the gelato is delicious and the place itself is very cute and very kid friendly (they have these crazy cups for kids that have arms and legs - I can't wait to take La Luz) so please support it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you!! I love the two pics of the day..My famous "zapato" is rocking in Europe!! and He looks kind of funny but I like the hair!!!
Lucesita as always soo cute..I can`t wait to see her...
Send Gerrish and Catherine a big hello! I actually wrote to Catherine last week...
Just don`t work too much..or maybe do it now so when I get there you jan slow down a little bit!! hahaha!
Can`t wait to be there!
Lov and miss you!