Monday, March 19, 2007

What I Meant To Say Was Something Else

I was dismayed to see the story about Nagin's latest loose-lipped incident in the Times Pic earlier today. Once again he blames the quotes on some 'young' reporter who took everything he said out of context. Does he really expect people to believe that mullarchy? I am almost at the point of saying, "I told you so", but what good would it do. More than anything, I am just sad. He is such a liability and a total impediment to the rebuilding process. Thanks for making us a laughing stock to the rest of the country, again.

On a happier note, mom-mom called from South Africa today and it was so nice to talk to her. I miss her tons and it is especially sad watching La Luz get bummed out when I try to explain that she can't go see mom-mom right now.

Aunt Margot watched La Luz all afternoon and cooked a delicious dinner for us and Pop. Once again La Luz was totally entertained and had a wonderful time visiting GG and Papa George, playing with all of the toys at Aunt Margot's, hanging out with Chloe and the goldfish in the backyard, and walking around the neighborhood. As usual she was particularly entertained by Catherine who had her screaming at the top of her lungs by the end of the night.

Here's a picture of La Luz from the weekend, holding tight to two of her favorite things:

No comments: