Sunday, March 25, 2007

Variation On The Same Theme

I guess I blinked and the weekend was over. It always seems to happen that way, even when, and maybe even moreso, when there are less things going on. I guess two days just isn't sufficient after a long week. In my case it is actually more like a day and a half anyway because I spend the last half of Sunday lamenting the fact that the weekend is almost over. As usual, I don't feel well-rested and cannot really believe tomorrow is Monday.

Christian watched basketball with some of his friends on Friday night so La Luz and I spent the evening at mom-mom's house since she had just arrived from South Africa. She had an incredible trip and she took beautiful pictures (I will try to figure out how to post a link to her Ofoto album). La Luz was so happy to see her and wouldn't leave her alone - like she almost didn't really believe she was back.

On Saturday morning La Luz and I ran in the ASH Fun Run. I don't know if I would necessarily call it fun but it was good exercise. The oak pollen was terrible and it was humid and it had been over a week since I last ran so I felt sluggish. It didn't help that La Luz was preoccupied with a gigantic spacewalk, every swing and slide in the park, and all of the other kids. I basically had to bribe her to keep her in the stroller, which is rare. After the race we went to Ralph's on the Park to celebrate GG's 80th birthday. The brunch was delicious and it was great to have a chance to visit with everyone. It is so hard for me to believe that GG is going to be 80 this week. She is beautiful and energetic and full of grace. I don't think anyone will believe her when she says she is 80! She knows La Luz very well too - she came armed with La Luz's favorite pony and comb and brush set.




Christian spent most of the weekend coaching and doing a bunch of annoying, labor-intensive tasks around the house - mowing the lawn, vacuuming, scrubbing the kitchen floor, gardening, pressure washing the porch. I wasn't nearly as productive. I did managed to sort through the enormous piles of laundry. It is now covering the entire guest bed but is in very neat stacks. The next step is actually getting the clothes into the drawers and closets. I have mentioned this problem before and will likely mention it again in about two months when we have run out of clothes. La Luz and I spent most of the rest of the weekend outside and at the park down the street. Here's a picture of her eating a digustingly-sticky, cinnamon pecan roll she picked out after mass on Sunday:


and playing with her stroller in the backyard:


We had dinner at mom-mom and pop's tonight and, once again, La Luz would not leave mom-mom alone. I think she is going to feel duped later this week when mom-mom and pop leave for NYC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! Well it happens to everyone, oh well, at least I found the weekend way too short too!!
Glad that mom-mom is back! I saw the pictures and they are awesome!!! What a lovely beach there!!!
I`m off to Bs As tomorrow and will be back on Wednesday night (just in case you miss my comments! hahahaha!)
So let`s try to see Friday near and go through the week the best we can!!
xoxo

toi