Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Best Seat In The House

Notwithstanding the swing on the front porch during weather like the kind that we have been having lately, the most comfortable place to be is the window seat in our kitchen. As if answering some prayer to the internet sent out sometime around Christmas, Nana arrived in NOLA with a lovely cushion and multiple pillows for our once drab and uncomfortable and terribly under-used window seat. What was once an eyesore is now a beacon just begging to be the place where the first cup of coffee and last glass of wine of each day should be enjoyed. La Luz initially thought that it was a bed for Loki and then guessed that, perhaps, it was her 'big girl' bed. Eventually she decided that it is just one gigantic doll bed. Consequently, I have to compete with baby dolls and stuffed animals for a little quiet time by the window.


Isn't it perfect? Nana is a true wiz at sewing. I am looking forward to our next trip to Atlanta because she promised she would teach me how to make pillows. I love decorative pillows, but they are generally overpriced and hard to justify purchasing. I would be psyched if I could figure out how to make them myself.

4 comments:

Scarlet said...

Sewing truly is a lost art. I can show you how to make pillows, too - remember the ones I made for Michelle's shower?

TOITA said...

awesome pilows! I have a bench that looks pretty much the same here..and I LOVE it....It looks incredible!!!!

Kitty Brown said...

I love it. I also wish I could sew, but have to rejoice in the fact that pretty much everyone else in my family does!

ummmhello said...

That's beautiful!! My own love for decorative pillows has cost me a fortune. Recently I found a great fabric shop near my house, and I'm tempted to learn how to use the sewing machine that's gathering dust in my storage area. Let me know what kind of great tips you get!