Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring Fever

I don't know what is different about this year, but for some reason I have been having a weird allergic reaction to the change of season. The pollen is making it almost impossible for me to wear contacts, something I have done for over TWENTY years. I can't make it through a week without switching to glasses and for the better part of today (until I could get home and switch to glasses) I felt like I had a sharp object plastered between my eyelid and cornea. The problem is compounded by the fact that I just don't see well when I wear my glasses. My eyesight is so bad and my prescription is so strong that glasses give me a very odd view of the world. I can't describe it any better than to say it is almost like looking at the world through the bottom of a fishbowl. Not to mention, my eyes look like they are about the size of dimes because the lenses are so thick. I also can't really drive in my glasses or exercise because it is just too tough to see. Needless to say, it makes me miserable when I have to wear them.

The pollen from the oak trees is thick and I have seen tons of caterpillars around town. My guess is that they are stirring up the pollen and that is what is causing me to feel this way. I have heard tons of people complaining about allergies so I know I am not alone. I just don't understand why it is bothering me now considering I have never had allergies before.

Pollen notwithstanding, we have still been spending most of our evenings outside. La Luz was out with mom-mom this evening chalking up the sidewalk. Here she is enjoying the pollen-filled air:


Tomorrow is Aunt Susan's birthday and I wish we could be in Atlanta to celebrate with her. Have a wonderful birthday Susan, with all of our love!

1 comment:

M C Brown said...

I miss y'all! I need to come visit you soon!!!! Give lucy a hug for me!