Thursday, April 10, 2008

Twilight With My Light

During the spring and summer months when daylight savings is in full effect I find myself racing to get home before the sun goes down entirely. I love the last half an hour or so of daylight and I love it even more when I am outside with La Luz. We ate our dinner on the porch tonight and watched the people out walking their dogs, and those on their way to dinner, and then some moseying about with no particular purpose. It is a relaxed and lazy time of day. Dinner was followed by popsicles and sticky hands and faces.

Here she is, sticky and sweet:




I am having some weird over-exposure issues with my camera when I take pictures outside during the period of time right after the sun goes down. I apologize for the annoying contrast in those pictures. I need to try a few different settings and see if I can fix the problem.

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend (at least after tomorrow night). I am looking forward to the farmers market, French Quarter Fest, a night out with Christian, a long run on Sunday morning, uninterrupted time with the bug, and catching up on some sleep. What else are weekends for?

No comments: